Musee Ambulant is a non-profit cultural and educational organization whose mission is to bring art to its publics, wherever they are.
Through various arts outreach activities, Musee Ambulant aims at :
- Promoting the practices of professional artists from various disciplines, mainly in contemporary visual arts and crafts field ;
- Offering new ways to experience the visual arts, outside of institutions and reaching out to the public ;
- Offering adapted activities that promote a rich and embodied experience through direct contact with artworks ;
- Engaging new publics, especially those who, for a variety of reasons (geographic distance, physical limitations, social exclusion, etc.), have a limited access to contemporary art.
Awards and Recognitions
We are proud to see our work recognized by members of the artistic community of Quebec.
- Winner of the Ville de Québec prize at the 2020 Gala des Prix d’excellence des arts et de la culture 2020
- Incubated Organization of the 5th cohort of the Lab Culturel de Culture pour tous – 2020
Musee Ambulant was born out of a very simple desire : to increase, facilitate and democratize access to art. Its co-founders, Jeanne Couture and Catherine-Ève Gadoury, envisioned a nomad arts outreach project that would bring contemporary arts and crafts to the public, transcending geographic distance and socioeconomic barriers. Since 2017, Musee Ambulant has been travelling across the country, offering thousands of children and adults a unique opportunity to interact with works of art in order to provoke thought, develop critical thinking and spark creativity.
Supported from the beginning by the Conseil des arts et lettres du Québec, Musee Ambulant started out touring elementary schools across Quebec province, but quickly grew in response to the great enthusiasm generated by its unique model. Always guided by its mission of accessibility, Musee Ambulant has widened the range of its activities, tailoring them to the needs of different publics and reaching out to new audiences in the contexts of high schools, daycare centers, retirement homes, festivals, day camps and more.
Dynamic and resourceful, Musee Ambulant has also recently developed new ways of bringing art to the public amidst the limitations of the current pandemic. Its collection and artistic workshops now travel virtually and by mail, to schools (with the Musee Ambulant’s Boxes) and to homes (with the Musee Ambulant’s Colis d’art) across Canada. Other innovation projects are also underway.
Photo Credit: Maryse Cléro-Nobréga
Photo Credit : Musee Ambulant
Maude Martin Gagnon
Assistant to Directors
Director of Innovation
Head of Technical Team
Innovation Assistant and Programmer
Graphic Designer and Operations Technician
Board of Directors
Odile Pelletier I President
Jean-Christophe Couture I Treasurer
Nadie Ostiguy I Vice President
Gentiane Lafrance I Administrator
Marie-France Tremblay I Administrator
Coordination and Communications
Education Program Coordinator
Head of Communications and Marketing
Communications and Customer Service Agent
Communication Strategy Advisor
2021 Mediation Team
Maude Martin Gagnon